Designed and manufactured in South Africa, the Clamshell Roof Top Tent – ALPHA edition brings together The Bush Company’s many years of experience in aluminium manufacturing with first hand experience of touring/camping to deliver an innovative yet proven product that sets new benchmarks in quality, practicality and reliability, not to mention the convenience of setting up in under 90 seconds.
Length: External 2.25m / internal (mattress) 2.15m
Width: External 1.4m (1.48m including gas struts) / internal (mattress)1.3 m
Height (exterior, closed): 27cm including roof rails and base extrusions
Height (exterior, open): 1.87m
Height (interior, open): 1.8m
Weight: Approximately 88kg (excluding telescopic ladder)
Clamshell Roof Top Tent – ALPHA Key Features
- Massive internal opening height of 1.8m at head end from top of mattress to roof.
- Fully seam welded lightweight alloy frame with high quality powder coated finish.
- 2m long cargo rails welded to side of the roof, suitable for attaching accessories or the optional roof load bars .
- Internally reinforced roof load rated to 200Kg when roof closed, gas struts able to open unaided with 50Kg on roof.
- Mounting tracks folded into sides of base and roof for easy attachment of accessories such as awnings, hi-lift jacks, light bars etc.
- Two layers of 300g polycotton ripstop canvas on body of tent with the back of the outside layer coated to enhance thermal properties..
- Large easy set up external rainfly on sides and rear as standard, with option to upgrade to rainfly with even wider sides.
- All entry points use YKK zips and have external storm door, high quality midge mesh and internal canvas door.
- Internal wired LED light (shines white, yellow or red) and two sets of electrical sockets each with twin USB, CIG Socket and anderson plug.
- 15cm of storage space above mattress when tent is closed, so plenty of room for bedding, pillow, fishing rods, rifles etc.
- 6 storage pouches on inside of roof, 2 large pouches on each side at foot end and convenient water bottle pockets on each side at head end.
- 75mm thick super high density foam mattress with removable zipped canvas cover.
- Thermal marine carpet underneath mattress and carpeted internal roof.
- Telescopic 2.6m aluminium ladder with attachment points at rear and drivers’ side, comes with canvas storage bag.
- Four heavy duty 20mm high aluminium rails with M8 extrusion on sides and base underneath tent running crossways for easy fitment..
- 2 Year Nationwide conditional warranty.